Shearwater is located on the Central Coast of British Columbia near Bella Bella on Denny Island, also known as the ‘Gateway to the Great Bear Rainforest’. The rustic resort is a popular destination for Sport Fishing, Eco-Tourism and also the central hub for mariners heading to and from Alaska or Haida Gwaii via the inside passage. The resort and community are known for their adventurous coastal lifestyle, friendly hospitality, and world-class natural landscapes.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our finance and accounting team to assist our financial operations under the guidance and direction of our Chief Financial Officer.
This position is only open to Canadian citizens or candidates with a current work permit.
Your goal in this position of Sr. Accountant is to assist in the overseeing of our accounting and finance functions, and ensure that we’re making sound financial decisions and that our financial reporting is timely and accurate. You will do this by working towards managing accounting and financial practices like accounts payables, receivables, inventory, capital assets, as well as by performing these duties on a daily basis and always maintaining confidentiality.
- CPA designation, or equivalent
- A high level of proficiency with MS Office. Power-user with MS Excel for financial reporting and analysis
- Experience using accounting software, specifically Sage 50
- Familiarity with POS software, Posi-Touch and Smart Vendor
- Experience mentoring, leading and motivating employees
- An excellent communicator – you can analyze and explain complex financial information and make it clear and easily understandable.
- A team player and a team builder.
- Organized – you know how to manage and prioritize, and because you plan ahead, you are comfortable with change and can be flexible.
- Detail-Oriented – you never let a small detail slip through the cracks, and you can meet deadlines while still maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Professional – you always maintain your professionalism and a positive attitude whether you’re interacting with management or employees.
- Able to work in a remote community.
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Quickbooks: 1 year (Preferred)
This is a full-time permanent position, working and living on-site at Shearwater on Denny Island. Housing is provided at a subsidized rate. You will earn a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, health and dental benefits, and paid vacation.
If you feel you have the qualifications listed above and would be a great addition to our management team, we would love to hear from you!