Restaurant General Manager – Resort Community on the Central Coast of British Columbia
Shearwater Resort and Marina, also known as the ‘Gateway to the Great Bear Rainforest,’ is a family run business in operation for 73 years. It is located on the Central Coast of British Columbia near Bella Bella on Denny Island. The rustic resort is a popular destination for Sport Fishing, Eco-Tourism and also the central hub for mariners heading to and from Alaska or Haida Gwaii via the inside passage. The resort and community are known for their adventurous coastal lifestyle, friendly hospitality, and world-class natural landscapes.
What we are hiring for?
We are hiring a Restaurant General Manager to join our growing team of skilled hospitality specialists and marine professionals.
If you feel you have the qualifications listed above and would be a great addition to our management team, we would love to hear from you!
This position is only open to Canadian citizens or candidates with current work permits
- Manage and Supervise, coordinate and schedule the activities of staff who prepare, portion and serve food
- Estimate and order ingredients and supplies required; maintain inventory
- Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage
- Train staff in job duties, and sanitation and safety procedures
- Ensure that food and service meet quality control standards
- Participate in the interviewing, training and grooming of food service staff to perform in a high-speed, high volume environment
- Be able to earn respect and lead the team as a leader
- Be able to do team member performance reviews
- Plan menus and determine related food and labour costs
- Be able to handle all positions and responsibilities in the event of shortage or need
- Ability to hit Targets and Goals
- Ability to meet Shearwater’s standards for Inspections and be able to fix deficiencies in a timely manner
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Restaurant management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Competitive wages with starting rates based on experience
- Relocation costs from Vancouver or Vancouver Island are subsidized
- Flexible work environment and opportunity to join our management team