Shearwater Resort and Marina, also known as the ‘Gateway to the Great Bear Rainforest,’ is located on the Central Coast of British Columbia near Bella Bella. The resort is a popular destination for Sport Fishing, Eco-Tourism and also the central hub for mariners heading to and from Alaska or Haida Gwaii via the Inside Passage. The resort and community are known for their adventurous coastal lifestyle, friendly hospitality, and world-class natural landscapes.
We are hiring a Human Resources Coordinator to join our growing team at our Corporate Head Office in Richmond, BC. This is a full-time position.
If you are PASSIONATE about people and culture and understand the power of positivity in the workplace, then this is an opportunity for you. This role provides the opportunity to hone your skills in driving and supporting the various stages of the employee’s career lifecycle. If this job outline describes you, please submit your cover letter with salary expectations.
We thank in advance all candidates who respond; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Human Resources Coordinator provides expertise in the areas of recruitment and selection and provides support in learning and development, performance management, benefits and aspects of payroll administration. The HR Coordinator genuinely enjoys the people aspect of HR, is responsive and diligent, a true champion of company culture, and has the ability to take ambiguous situations and provide clarity to complete needed tasks while working with the HR Manager.
While there is a greater emphasis on recruitment in this role, this role will be involved in all aspects of the HR function and there will be opportunities to grow through challenging job assignments, participating in developing and implementing HR strategies while promoting Shearwater cultural values.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced HR Coordinator or an experienced Recruiter.
- Full cycle recruitment support from reviewing the accuracy of staffing requests, preparing job postings, shortlisting, interviewing and preparing offer packages
- Coach managers (when needed) (interviewing, evaluating etc.)
- Develop job aids to support HR processes to increase awareness & understanding
- Co-facilitate workshops and awareness sessions, as required
- Research talent development programs and recommend best practice
- HR systems implementation support
- Identify and participate in HR process improvement initiatives
- Research and update policies as required and address employee inquiries on HR policies and procedures
- Participate in special projects such as employee surveys and general HR projects and initiatives
- Compile market salary data and analyzing variances; participating in external salary surveys
- Support Shearwater Company Culture through participation in the social committee and community involvement initiatives including staff events
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or equivalent
- 3-5 years of demonstrable Human Resources Generalist experience, including full-cycle recruitment, ideally in a corporate environment
- High level of initiative to apply HR knowledge with a strong drive for results
- Experience in supporting talent management and development activities within a small, dynamic organization
- Proficient with basic computer skills (word, excel, powerpoint)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think outside the box
- Flexibility, understanding and true care for people is required