Shearwater is a Marine Resort located on British Columbia’s Central Coast and is the gateway to the Great Bear Rainforest. It is a fully functioning town that has been around for the past 71 years and is the largest independent employer on the Central Coast with the largest marina and shipyard. Additionally, it provides the only hotel and restaurant/pub on the Central Coast.
Shearwater is one of the main hubs for Mariners on their way to and from Alaska & Haida Gwaii, and we also run our own seasonal fishing charters.
We are seeking a mature and experienced Bartender to work in our Fishermen’s Bar & Grill. This will consist of mostly Day Shifts. Overtime is based on an 80 hour pay period (bi-weekly), with a wage averaging agreement.
- Provide excellent customer service by taking orders, preparing them efficiently, and building a rapport with clientele
- Handle card and cash transactions, ensuring that all funds in the cash drawer are accounted for by the end of the shift
- Keep an eye on patron intoxication levels and respond appropriately
- Identify belligerent customers, and work with management when needed to maintain a safe environment
- Clean the bar and the surrounding area of spills and other messes as needed
- Other duties as requested
Minimum 3 years high volume Bartending experience
Serving experience is an asset
Ability to receive freight including kegs
Experience living and working in a small town or remote area is an asset
A love for the outdoors and marine life is an asset
Bartending: 1 year (Preferred)
restaurant: 1 year (Preferred)
Assisted relocation cost from Vancouver or Vancouver Island is provided. Subsidized accommodation available from $150/month depending on availability (or free with own live-aboard or RV).
$13.00 per hour + tips.
We would like this position to start in November. The ideal candidate is someone who is seeking an opportunity in a semi-remote location on the beautiful Central Coast of BC.